Chef's on Wheels - COVID-19 shouldn't stop you from having a good meal!
Not one to sit still, Chef Mary Bass has created an opportunity to help those during the COVID-19 crisis. Chef's on Wheels will deliver meals daily to Galveston County. These meals will include lots of local love and flair from the local bakery who has not received many customers to the bartender who's hours have been cut in half. This is a great way to support our economy and neighbors while practicing social distancing to keep everyone safe!
If you would like to order a fabulous Chef Mary meal for *delivery only* please fill out this link
- The menu will be posted weekly.
- Delivery is per order per day so please chose the correct quantity when you check out if you are ordering for more than one delivery! (remember these people are using their own gas for this!)
- Menu choices might be substituted due to volume and availability.
- You can also donate two meals for $20 to a local hospitality worker, nurse, ER or hospital staff in Galveston County.
- If you are a Galveston County based hospitality worker you can apply here.
- If you are ordering alcohol, please note you are only allowed to order 2 bottles per person per 30 days. Please do your part to order and partake responsibly.
Chef Mary Bass
Chef Mary Bass is a native Galvestonian and BOI with deep roots in the community. After completing her AAS in Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management at Galveston Community College, she went on to open and run her own bakery. She has worked at top restaurants and venues in Galveston County. Chef Mary has been featured in magazines and news outlets including Texas Highways Magazine, Great Day Houston, Fox 26 News, The Houston Press, Galveston Daily News and Coast Magazine. In 2016, Chef Mary finished runner up on Food Network's Cutthroat Kitchen, she was not just the enchilada - she was the WHOLE enchilada! She’s spent more than 10 years teaching culinary arts as an adjunct instructor at Alvin Community College raising her "babies" to be the next generation of fine chefs. Chef Mary is available for private and public events of all types offering a fun and outgoing personality with a wide variety of knowledge in the culinary field.
A great addition to any occasion!
Chef Mary can cater for any event that you are planning, from family dinners to weddings of all sizes, let her take care of the food! She is known for her cheese boards, that are not only to die for but sure to wow your crowd! Want to take a cooking class? She can come teach one in your own home! From pasta to parfaits, get your hands dirty and learn from Galveston's best chef!